HIKING / TOURS
HIKING TO THE RED LAGOON “LAGOA VERMELHA”
An easy trail that leads to one of the most interesting places in Saquarema.
The Red Lagoon is a Natural, Geological and Scientific Heritage of the city, considered a GeoPark because it possesses peculiar mineral formation and signs of primitive life on the planet, the stromatolites. Its hyper saline waters have medicinal and therapeutic purposes.
The route is made by a trail of less than 1 hour of walk through the preserved sandbanks vegetation ("restinga") of the Sun Coast State Park. The place is home of endemic species and species threatened of extinction, like the Restinga Antwren (Formicivora littoralis), Beach Butterfly (Parides ascanius), Bromelia balansae, Tropical Mockingbird (Mimus gilvus), among others, characterizing an environment that is sensitive and deserves care. That is why it is necessary to visit with an environmental guide duly qualified and accredited by Inea (Environmental State Institute), ensuring the minimum impact to the site, the multiplication of important information and the conservation of biodiversity for present and future generations.
The Red Lagoon is considered the "Dead Sea" of Saquarema, in it you do not sink!
An incredible experience in a heavenly setting and with the incidence of strong winds is predominant the "White Smoke Phenomenon". An amazing event!
Come visit this amazing lagoon, float in its therapeutic waters and experience Saquarema!!
NOTE: Individual tours or groups above the maximum established, only upon request.
What to bring
Dress in light and comfortable clothing
Comfortable walking/hiking shoes
- We work with mandatory prior scheduling.
- Non-attendance without prior notice implies the loss of the tour or activity.
- The tour or activity is subject to change due to weather conditions or any other reason deemed necessary by the instructor/conductor.
- This tour is not recommended for people with health problems.
- Do not drink alcohol or drugs before the tour.
- Minors only accompanied by their parents.
- All the safety procedures indicated by the professional must be strictly followed.
- To participate on the tour is necessary to download, print and sign the Mandatory Term below.
To participate on the tour you need to print this term, sign it and bring it with you on the day of the tour or chosen activity.
Click here to download. Questions on how to complete?
Please contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phones available in the footer.
Policy for children
Children 0 to 5 years old, accompanied by their parents, do not pay.
Children aged 6 to 10 years, accompanied by the parents, pay 50% of the adult rate.
Children over 10 years old, accompanied by the parents, pay full adult rate.