HIKING / TOURS
HIKING TO THE SALT FIELDS AND CRYSTAL BAY
A circuit rich in history and biodiversity. The trail is a 9 km route of preserved "restinga" vegetation around the Red Lagoon to the Salt Fields in a paradisiacal setting that dates back to the end of the 19th century. The trail will be guided by an environmental guide trained and accredited by Inea (State Environmental Institute) in a journey between beautiful landscapes and unforgettable experiences.
This salty environment, the wonderful windmills and the enormous mirrors of water reflecting the colors of the sky are the trademark of the place. The Salt fields are historical cultural heritage of the region and were in the early 40's and 50's the largest salt producers in the country. Responsible for the development of the region, the salt came to be called WHITE GOLD.
Come enchant yourself with the richness of nature and local history, immerse yourself in hyper saline waters in the Crystal Cove, listen to the story told by the salt merchants themselves and take home a souvenir of the salt flower of the most crystalline Lagoon in the state of Rio de Janeiro.
Come visit the Salt fields and experience Saquarema!
NOTE: Individual tours or groups above the established maximum, only on request.
What to bring
Dress in light and comfortable clothing
- We work with mandatory prior scheduling.
- Non-attendance without prior notice implies the loss of the tour or activity.
- The tour or activity is subject to change due to weather conditions or any other reason deemed necessary by the instructor/conductor.
- This tour is not recommended for people with health problems.
- Do not drink alcohol or drugs before the tour.
- Minors only accompanied by their parents.
- All the safety procedures indicated by the professional must be strictly followed.
- To participate on the tour is necessary to download, print and sign the Mandatory Term below.
To participate on the tour you need to print this term, sign it and bring it with you on the day of the tour or chosen activity.
Click here to download. Questions on how to complete?
Please contact us directly via email: email@example.com or phones available in the footer.
Policy for children
Children 0 to 5 years old, accompanied by their parents, do not pay.
Children aged 6 to 10 years, accompanied by the parents, pay 50% of the adult rate.
Children over 10 years old, accompanied by the parents, pay full adult rate.