Did you know? The first inhabitants of the region left their mark here more than 4,500 years ago. The city has the only open archaeological museum in the country. Saquarema was also the scene of the first movement of nativist resistance against the attempt of the Portuguese to enslave indigenous tribes in Brazil in the 1530s, the Indians left a great legacy in the city, including naming it. Saquarema Lagoon has been in the past a major producer of fish and crustaceans and this fishing heritage remains in the city, which still preserves the ambience of Fisherman’s Village.
Preserving this colonial past, the municipality still celebrates traditional festivals like the “Círio de Nazareth, Folia de Reis and Folia do Divino”. The civic center of the city and its architecture houses most of its cultural history. The geography of the city, the climate, its location, it all contributed to crown the city as the National Capital of Surf.
During our walking tour you will have the opportunity to discover the secrets of the major historical and cultural landmarks of the city reckoned by the perspective of a native guide.
Come to learn about the Saquarema’s history and experience the National Surfing Capital!
NOTE: Individual tours or groups above the maximum established, only upon request.
What to bring
Dress in light and comfortable clothing
- We work with mandatory prior scheduling.
- Non-attendance without prior notice implies the loss of the tour or activity.
- The tour or activity is subject to change due to weather conditions or any other reason deemed necessary by the instructor/conductor.
- This tour is not recommended for people with health problems.
- Do not drink alcohol or drugs before the tour.
- Minors only accompanied by their parents.
- BlueBirdsBR aims to minimize the environmental impacts generated by the tours and activities. We ask for your cooperation so that there is no aggression to the environment. Bring your garbage bag!
- All the safety procedures indicated by the professional must be strictly followed.
- To participate on the tour is necessary to download, print and sign the Mandatory Term below.
To participate on the tour you need to print this term, sign it and bring it with you on the day of the tour or chosen activity.
Click here to download. Questions on how to complete?
Please contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phones available in the footer.
Policy for children
Children 0 to 5 years old, accompanied by their parents, do not pay.
Children aged 6 to 10 years, accompanied by the parents, pay 50% of the adult rate.
Children over 10 years old, accompanied by the parents, pay full adult rate.